[MG] InterMix

Roger Eaton rogerweaton at gmail.com
Sun May 22 10:24:34 EDT 2011

Hi Michael,

Actually, when speaking of freedom of action, I merely meant that any group
via one of its moderators, may change the linkages it has with other
groups.

InterMix has a dual rating system, for interest 0 to 4 and for approval, -3
to +3.  Sorting of messages is available by interest, approval, value (total
interest * avg approval) and controversy (statistical variance).  This is
not voting per se.

Down the road I think a voting system will be wanted.  The scheme I am
looking at goes in rounds, where each group elects one message each round.
First participants write messages.  Then there are cycles of voting with
random distribution of a small number of messages to each participant.  Each
cycle, the number of surviving messages is significantly reduced until in
the last voting cycle everyone receives the same 6 or 8 messages to vote on.
Again, this is not geared to government but rather to creating a collective
consciousness.

I see a collective consciousness as the prerequisite for a collective
intelligence, and much easier to achieve.

-- Roger