Can our party pick your brain?

Thomas von der Elbe ThomasvonderElbe at gmx.de
Sun Mar 13 05:32:16 EDT 2011

Kevin told me, he is going to officially register the party now.

Now I think, it would be good, to immidiatly start using our tools. So
the first members of the party get already a feeling, what it is all
about, even if the tools in general are still in prototyp-phase. So even
the party principles itself could be subject to collaborative
improvement right from the beginning and open to every new member.

Next steps from my point of view would now be:

- Discussion-Medium: setup a discussion forum at the partys homepage.
This could be used for new members to exchange ideas etc. But more
importantly it could be used to discuss specific differences in
positions regarding party principles or party policies. This type of
forum would ideally allow to structure tons of threads in a
tree-structure (maybe every forum allows this, I dont know). So every
policy-issue could have its own thread and every voter in this issue can
have his own sub-thread and maybe even sub-sub-threads for certain parts
of his position. There can be thousands of threads in the future.

- Drafting-Medium: I guess for the beginning we can use the zelea-wiki
for drafting. Should I setup a seperate area for the party? Which then
would have seperate sub-areas, like Canada, Toronto, ...? Doesnt make so
much sense, does it? Better to use the whole wiki for the party and
later filter out non-members, imo.

- Voting-Medium: use the zelea-vote-sever.

What are your thoughts?

Thomas