Resource pledge and account definitions in the pollwiki

conseo 4consensus at web.de
Tue Jul 26 22:23:48 EDT 2011

Hey Mike,

> I roughed out a method of defining simple accounts and pledges.
> For example, here's an account for a prize fund:
> http://zelea.com/w/User:Matteomartini72-YahooCom/G/p/prz/account/US$
I could push with a proposal to assign the price to me :-) Maybe some more
competition will come up then. Well, likely not, people will think that it is
a fake. But if somebody would take some money then something real would happen
in the e-dem world :-). Maybe if we break the price into smaller pieces for
smaller tasks and we then draft which tasks that would be and how we award a
winner. More like a monthly honor to a contributor reflected in some real
bucks. But anyway, likely this is not the way to reach out for people
primarily.

> Based on that, it should be possible to hammer out a method of complex
> accounting for labour assignments, materials, and so forth.  (Have a
> look C when you're free, and tell me what you think.)
Yep that looks very flexible and I think it fits collectively planning
economical processes already in a scale to a few hundred people at least. It
definetly fits my perspective on how the tools should allow assignment of
resources to consent.
It is still a bit complicated though. I have had a look at that
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Creating_pages_with_preloaded_text
to provide an auto-generated pledge page. Copy and paste is not difficult, but
it can be confusing to newcomers where to paste stuff. Ideally there still is
semantic forms to avoid writing wiki markup.

> Meantime, I'll start filling some of the account controls for the new
> toolbar: http://zelea.com/var/deploy/xf/#c=DV&s=G!p!sandbox
>
> It's just a single toolbar now, plus the resource tracks.  The bottom
> toolbar of the original plan is no longer needed.
> http://mail.zelea.com/list/votorola/2011-June/000986.html

I think that two slim horizontal toolbars top toolbars are good.

P.S.: Nice that we have our own list now, Google Groups was never really
attractive to me.