Introduction

conseo 4consensus at web.de
Fri Jul 29 11:34:44 EDT 2011

Dear list readers :-),

I haven't introduced myself in the last post. I am a German developer
contributing to Votorola/Crossforum. I am responsible for the Difference-Feed
and the Harvesters generating the data for it. I have joined Votorola last
autumn after carefully examining different e-dem solutions like Adhocracy and
LiquidFeedback as well as having a look at some others. Votorola has convinced
me, because of its radical openess which is both reflected in the technical
design as well as in the difference patching concept. No other solution allows
you to always have your very own position. They only allow you to vote for
certain positions, which are not really collectively drafted. Mutual
understanding is extremely difficult and the radical openism Votorola proposes
with text-drafting fits a radical democratical perspective on how to design
tools for democracy and avoids social prejudices in the design of the tooling.
Yet Votorola is open-source and we are willing to merge our ideas and concepts
with any other successful concepts or free software. This non-camp thinking
open approach is imo a prerequisite for any e-dem tooling to succeed, since it
is more than a web 2.0 platform or a potential business concept. If successful
it will change the very ways of business itself, so it has to provide all the
power to the voters and not cover some secret plan by the tool developers for
financial success.

I have joined Votorola to extend it towards collective resource allocation as
this changes the tooling from a rather political perspective on jurisdictional
discourses to a very practical every day economical platform and allows to
explore new ways of collective economy without a central powerful planning
institution/management. Votorola's own openism and usage of free and very open
tools like Semantic MediaWiki makes it very flexible to collectively organize
resources and distribute them by voting for certain plans. As I have convinced
both Mike and Thomas that resource management in a general sense is very
attractive, Mike is now implementing resource allocation in the general voting
mechanism and I am very excited about it.