[MG] Tunisia and activism in general

Thomas von der Elbe ThomasvonderElbe at gmx.de
Tue Jan 25 10:26:53 EST 2011

Hello,

On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 13:51, Ed Pastore wrote:
> This thread is turning into somewhat of a wall of text.

I agree, but it also seems to have some good results. Alexander offered
to work on a powerpoint presentation of our basic concepts. Thank you
for that! And I would be glad to help with this.

And Conseo, besides his great work on the theatre app, imo correctly
looks for ways to connect with potential users.

> I am pretty leery of even thinking about implementing any of our
> solutions in a place like Tunisia. They are in turmoil, and they need
> help bad. I think they are in desperate need of freedom from the
> tyranny of leaders, but I don't think there exists any tool that can
> give them governance good enough to work today.

Well, this is ofc right for the whole of Tunesia. But how if we connect
to a small Tunesian group, ideally active in democracy and programming
and share our ideas with them. Maybe we can collaborate. Both in using
the tools and in developing them further.

> If we are looking for groups to implement anything of ours now, I
> think the best candidates are start-up groups, especially non-profits.

Yes, exactly. Or "informal interest groups" as you write.

Thomas