[MG] Decorating the bite feed - coding plan

Alex Rollin alex.rollin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 17:45:54 EST 2011

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 11:27 PM, Michael Allan <mike at zelea.com> wrote:
> This is maybe one point on which we differ from the Drupal applet that
> Alex mentioned. ?It may be possible to capture users in the world of
> content management, and that may even be the name of the game. ?But
> the world of democracy (or whatever we call it) is quite different.
> The difference might not be obvious to most people, and we might have
> to demonstrate it. ?I think Conseo is asking, "How do you want us to
> demonstrate it?"

I would simply add that a goodly portion of this type of work has
already been done by other projects.  There's even an API for Drupal
Feeds that can accept a JSON parser.

I understand this is exciting, and I'm excited too, and within that is
my now explicit agreement that "generic" facilities are key.  I'm just
not sure why all this needs to be built from scratch.  I understand
the need to prototype, and I'm merely bringing up what I mentioned 4
or 5 months ago that the facilities for feed parsing and data display
are well established in other projects.

> Michael Allan

Alex