[MG] Crossforum theatre map - projecting a Vilfredo feed

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Tue Jan 11 04:46:55 EST 2011

> Each room has an rss feed. The adress of the rss feed is:
> http://vilfredo.org/rss.php?room=[Name of the Room]
> ... The only exception being the common room, which is at
> http://vilfredo.org/rss.php without any name of the room.

Thanks Pietro, that's what we need.  Here's the guts:

<item>
    <title>is there a better phrase than 'open source democracy'?</title>
    <link>http://vilfredo.org/viewquestion.php?q=53</link>
    <description>...Status: Now Voting! ...Many phrases have been... </description>
    <pubDate>Thu, 06 Jan 2011 13:00:03 +0100</pubDate>
    <guid>http://vilfredo.org/viewquestion.php?q=53</guid>
    <vga:generation>16</vga:generation>
    <vga:numberProposals>3</vga:numberProposals>
    <vga:status>Now Voting!</vga:status>
    <vga:room>Common</vga:room>
    <vga:shorturl>http://j.mp/g7lVYG</vga:shorturl>
    <vga:twitter>[16] is there a better phrase than... </vga:twitter>
    </item>

The <guid> appears to contain the question ID (53).  That would be
enough to put Vilfredo on the theatre stage.  We could start on that,
probably this week.  (I think it's interesting that we don't need any
modifications to Vilfredo for this.)

What about user IDs?  (Maybe this is where mods are needed?)  When the
voting reaches a stage where Vilfredo allows it, will you put user IDs
into a news item, too?  We don't absolutely need them, but it would
make things more interesting.

I didn't know about Yahoo pipes and how they can do geolocation, but
I'm not sure we can use them for that purpose.  They might fail in
some situations, as for example in fetching the geolocals for Vilfredo
users.  The common pollwiki can give us those.  (It's interesting
because we might even use it to track the physical locations of users
in real time (if they permit!).  Conseo has a use case for this that's
become stuck in my mind, as a pattern for local activism.  Tell you
later...)