[MG] Crossforum theatre map - projecting a Vilfredo feed

Pietro Speroni di Fenizio metagovernment at pietrosperoni.it
Mon Jan 10 05:49:14 EST 2011

Hello again,
it looks like there is an easy way to associate a string to a place in
yahoo pipes. It's the module "Location Builder".
http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/docs?doc=location

Using that, I cloned the previous pipe and made a new one that
extracts the room name of a question, and uses it to determine the
location, it it is possible.
Then the location is added to the rss.

The new pipe can be found here:
http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.info?_id=349035a1f543f9c3898fdfdf93bb51c3

And the rss on the Vilfredo page is
http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.run?_id=349035a1f543f9c3898fdfdf93bb51c3&_render=rss&room=Vilfredo&site=vilfredo.org

while the rss for the ITALIA page is:
http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.run?_id=349035a1f543f9c3898fdfdf93bb51c3&_render=rss&room=ITALIA&site=vilfredo.org

Unfortunately no room that has been used so far in Vilfredo has a
geographical meaning.
When the name does not exits from a geographical point of view the rss
will just add the term:
item.loop:locationbuilder
and then inside this
quality:-1

Meaning that the name does not match any location.
I suggest when this is the case the question should probably go to
some general place. Or maybe a set of stars floating around. Each for
a different keyword.

If instead you use the term ITALIA (if there was a question in the
ITALIA room, which there isn't) you would see:
item.loop:locationbuilder
country Italy
lat 41.292540
lon 12.573465