[MG] Geomap for crossforum theatre

Thomas von der Elbe ThomasvonderElbe at gmx.de
Fri Jan 7 06:01:38 EST 2011

I like the geomap-view very much!

http://u.zelea.com:8080/v/crossforum/#c=DumG

What do you guys think? So far we came up with 2 ideas for the mapping,
right?
Geomapping and tag-mapping. Did I miss something, or is there something
better?

I like both actually, and would propose to go foreward with the one,
which is easiest to code.

A few ideas for the geomap:

- have a little miniature globe in the corner of the map for example,
which lights up every time a global poll is active
- light up a whole country every time a national poll, or a state poll,
or a city/county poll in this country is active
- once zoomed into a country have a miniature picture of the country in
the corner, which lights up every time a national poll is active. And
light up a state once a state poll or a city/county poll is active ...

(a minor thing: I liked the colours about the other map a lot: A dark
map, which starts to glow in the dark (blue, or anything) as soon as
people are connecting with each other and looking for consensus, with
the goal of joint action. For me it's a metaphor of a brain, whose
neurons are beginning to connect in order to think, decide and act.  ...
the collective brain of mankind ;-)

Thomas