[MG] Priorities for crossforum theatre

conseo 4consensus at web.de
Sat Feb 26 11:08:05 EST 2011

Am Thursday 24 February 2011 schrieb Michael Allan:
> Thomas von der Elbe wrote:
> > > I think we need a map with a living structure. A geomap has
> > > recognition value (agree with Ed) but it's more useful when it's
> > > heavily populated with users.  We probably need a social map
> > > that's structured by live votes.  That'll be interesting even in
> > > small groups, especially to newcomers.  Maybe we can do something
> > > fast on that front?  Isn't that the next priority?
> >
> > I agree. Its a high priority. And if I didnt miss something, no
> > other project expressed further interest in connecting to the
> > theatre so far, so I suggest, that we first integrate Votorola. And
> > here the most interesting social map is the one showing delegation
> > trees, isnt it?
>
> Yes, probably.  We've spoken since (you, C and I) and I think we
> agreed these are now the priorities:
>
>   1. Diff feed.  C says it's ready to deploy for testing against the
>      Metagov list.  So:
>
>      a) When you have time C, please fill in setup instructions for
>         the diff feed here:
>         http://zelea.com/project/votorola/a/crossforum/crossforum.xht#diff

[DONE]. Needs polish on the way still.

>      b) I'll install a chat client (as you suggest) so we can hammer
>         out issues on #Metagov instead of flooding the list.

I am waiting ;-)

>      c) I'll give you SSH access to the reference server as we
>         discussed, so you can monitor things.  What's your public key?

Attached.

>      d) I'll set up the feed services there.
>
>         Then we'll start seeing Metagov messages in the theatre app.
>
>      BTW, before I forget:
>
> http://zelea.com/var/db/repo/votorola/file/4a948e370d4d/votorola/a/web/bas
> e/WEB-INF/web.xml That name (voff) won't work for the online pollserver
> (v), it'll hit the wrong database.  Better to fetch it at runtime like
> this:
>
>         VOFaceWeb.contextPathToPollserverName(
>           getServletContext().getContextPath() );

[DONE]

>   2. Finish roughing out the bridge footings in the wiki.
>
>      a) For a voter's draft, automatically highlight differences
>         vs. candidate.
>
>      b) Links from draft to bridge.  You'll click next to the
>         highlighted text, and land at the corresponding diff segment
>         in the draft.
>
>      c) Indicate in the footed draft which user is on the other side
>         of the diff (as you suggest), and link directly to his footed
>         draft.
>
>         And maybe:
>
>      d) Stronger links from bridge to drafts.  The script runs faster
>         than expected, so maybe we can do the same here: link from
>         each diff segment in the bridge directly to the corresponding
>         highlighted text.
>
>         (much more later)
>
>   3. Votespace map.
>
> Correct me anyone, if these are wrong.

I am thinking about writing a bot for IRC with
http://www.jibble.org/pircbot.php which should not only allow us to track and
log discussions, but also let them show up in Crossforum and make IRC usage
for other projects a breeze. We need a bot anyway...

About the Mapper:

I have thought about it and since scoping is done via the Mappers it might be
nice to have several mappers to scope either with AND or with OR. Since we
don't want to blow the UI we could lay one main Mapper in the background and
make the others sth. like Widgets on top of it. (e.g. Text search/scope, Time
scope, Geographical scope, ...)

Cheers,
conseo