[MG] Clearing entry paths for new users

Alexander Praetorius alex at twister11.de
Sun Feb 13 12:41:35 EST 2011

On Sat, 12 Feb 2011 15:05, Michael Allan wrote:
> I started out as you suggest, then I tried to do more:
>    http://u.zelea.com:8080/v/w/D?b=4047&a=4042&aR=2706&bR=2720
>
>    (hit refresh)
>
> I don't think I succeeded.  It's visually confusing - not sure why.
> Maybe with fresh eyes tomorrow I'll see what's wrong.

> I find confusing to have two links per person, which both link to the same
> draft. And it is also not clear that they link to their drafts.
> Maybe we could have buttons besides the names "Show draft"? And the little

> buttons for me to diff could be larger and ideally real buttons like the
patch-
> button.

That's what I was talking about. There is no "visual concept" which enables
users to intuitively understand the voting tool. Users cannot really learn
what the tools can do for them by experimenting with them. They have to read
the manual to know how thing work... but there first has to be an "up to
date"-manual that a user could read.... and still they would hate to do so.
:)