Can our party pick your brain?

Rohan Jayasekera 1 at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 25 15:06:18 EST 2011

Also:  For the general public, direct democracy is largely unknown,
and for those who have heard of it, it's an abstract concept rather
than a clear alternative.  To succeed I believe it must arrive in a
focused form where people can easily decide "yes" or "no".  A
political party provides that focus.  Furthermore, at election time
almost all the attention goes to parties.  Hence my belief that
something like the Transparency Party is the most likely (and perhaps
only) way to achieve direct democracy.

Also, in many/most jurisdictions there are restrictions on political
activities by organizations other than political parties.  A party may
turn out to be legally required.

Rohan