TrackStack mockup help request

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Fri Dec 30 20:32:57 EST 2011

Hi C,

> (1) http://whiletaker.homeip.net/mockups/6/VotespaceVRac1.xht
> (2) http://whiletaker.homeip.net/mockups/6/VotespaceVRac2.xht
> (3) http://whiletaker.homeip.net/mockups/6/VotespaceVRac3.xht

There's an error in 2 (where you need to hide the 1-feed layer in the
SVG) and also in 3 (where you need to hide the 2-feed).  None of those
blue semi-circles should be visible for a selected node.

> Do you think I really need the segments or should I only show the
> selected segment (orange part) and leave all other segments out?

Although some kind of colour matching (orange for Votes account) is
probably a good idea, it seems premature at this point.  It doesn't
appear to solve any immediate problem.  The original design (solid
grey) is quite strong: http://whiletaker.homeip.net/mockups/5/5b.xht

In 3, the sense of progress is lost for me.  I cannot see the dark
grey tracing at all.  I would make 3 *absolutely identical* to 2,
because 2 effectively shows progress.  Showing progress is what the
track is supposed to do.  It needn't do anything else.

At best, you'll be able to build a little more on top of the basic
design.  But that's uncertain and I think it's premature to attempt
it.  Instead, I recommend expressing what you've already achieved.
Again, it's quite strong.  So just draw it.  It then becomes possible
to think and talk about what's wrong (if anything) or what's missing.
That's when ideas come.  Let them come. ;-)

And if no ideas come, the rest is grunt work.  You just:

   i. Do a final drawing.
  ii. Ask for final feedback.
 iii. Code it up.