[MG] DiffFeed running and bridging

conseo 4consensus at web.de
Fri Apr 8 11:46:14 EDT 2011

Hi,

I haven't posted about it yet, but the DiffFeed is now running since some time
in Crossforum. Not only does the related "Harvester"  monitor the mailinglist,
but it also hooks into our IRC channel (#metagov on freenode) and listens for
diff-urls. It writes a backlog for IRC as well. Just click on ">>>" in one of
the top messages (they are the latest and come from IRC atm.).

So Crossforum is now really "cross"-forum and already bridges two of our
discussion media. The bot is also invitable from anybody to other
channels, so you can take your issue where the audience is. It prints a short
info if it recognizes you as one of the two drafters of the mentioned diff, so
people will be informed and pointed about your position while you discuss.

http://metagovernment.tuxfamily.org/crossforum/#c=DG

Mike has also started to support real geolocals. So what you see now is the
real position of the two drafters discussing. Although the social mapper will
be of greater use, I am particularly excited about that as my "bus shelter
needs a roof" use case will soon be supported.

Note: My code is not yet threadsafe and I am currently learning about
threadsafety in Java. It is a tricky business, so please report any problems
you experience. It has run stable with Mike so far though, but it is definetly
not sane yet.

conseo