Domain specific language (DSL)

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Thu Oct 14 02:33:12 EDT 2010

David Bovill wrote:
> Yes - I want to integrate LD into a Ruby on Rails web app, and while
> web services are one way of doing this creating a DSL in Groovy
> would be a richer space in which to eveolve innovative solutions in
> this area with multiple developers.

What integration problem are you trying to solve?  It's difficult to
visualize, at first glance, where a DSL might fit for that purpose.
The larger system is physically distributed across a network of
independent hosts, including many pollservers and codebases (not all
Votorola) and multiple host/component types (not all pollservers).
That's too loose of a configuration for a DSL to come to grips with,
isn't it?  Ad hoc network protocols are probably the best glue for
that purpose, at least in the beginning, when we're still prototyping
and experimenting.