Maybe free-range drafting?

David Bovill david at vaudevillecourt.tv
Tue Oct 12 04:57:34 EDT 2010

Yeah - sounds right Michael. NB - I have an idea for you that i think adds
to this approach for your work. I'm going to take a deeper technical look
over the next couple of weeks myself, and if it seems as promising as it
looks I'm going to take the plunge and learn myself, so as to be of more
direct help technically.

The idea is to create a domain specific language (DSL) for Liquid Democracy
(LD) on top of the Java code base you are using Groovy. I've read around the
subject, and it lloks one of the best choices for DSL's, as well as a good
basis to be able to integrate other projects that I know which want to use
LD as part of their system. Given your conceptual strengths in getting to
grips with the detail of this area, you'd be easily the best person to do
this. I'm not sure yet if the underlying concepts, and end-user utility are
complex enough to merit a DSL - but my guess is that they are, and simple is
good anyway, especially when you consider mix and matching the LD DSL with
other domains such as it's use in choosing voting mechanisms within an
organisational structure. The latter would have it's own DSL, and is based
on a Rails project I am thinking of porting to Groovy / Grails.

So Michael - what wood a DSL look like for Votorolla?