Semantic Forms and FlaggedRevs

Alex Rollin alex.rollin at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 04:07:20 EDT 2010

Hello,

Just wanted to point out a couple of interesting mediawiki extensions
I ran across.  Three of them actually.

First, FlaggedRevs.

This appears to be some sort of voting implementation, in a way, as it
allows for a single revision to be "active" and creates a "pending
changes" tab for a page

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:FlaggedRevs

Next, Semantic Forms, part of the Semantic bundle.

Here's an example of a form:
http://libreplanet.org/wiki/Special:AddData/Issue_Group

The extension: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SemanticForms

I do not know yet how to import and export forms, which I will be
working on today.  It seems to involve the properties, and then a
collection of properties.  If anyone knows about this I would find
direction very helpful.  How to copy the form for the link above, for
example?

Last I would like to point out a voting implementation coming from
Wikimedia.  This appears to be a simple sort of voting mechanism, and
is simply submitted so you can take a look.  I can't yet find an
actual snapshot anywhere but I thought I would point it out.
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:BoardVote

I mention these because as I am interested in creating a mobile
interface, and that interface ought be done quickly, creating it in
Mediawiki is actually easier for me.  Also, I'm busy with my own wiki
at the moment, bringing it online and doing initial configuration.

Alex