Stuff to do

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Thu Nov 25 02:35:18 EST 2010

An update on this.  It looks like we have two programmers so
priorities have shifted.

   T  Priority  Task details, reasons
   -  --------  ------------------------------------------------------

 | A  3       * Read the philosophy.  Puzzle out and start documenting
 |    part-     the broader social underpinnings and ramifications of
 |    time      the theory.
 |            * These are unknowns and therefore risks.  But I'm not
 |              quite competent at this level of theory, so the best
 |              hope is maybe just to open it up for academics and
 |              other scholars to run with.
 |
 | B  3       * Redact the narrower technical and political theory
 |              into a publishable, academic form.
 |            * A and C depend on this reformatting.
 |
 | C  3       * Complete and redact the documentation of the Outcast
 |    hard      voting network.
 |            * Otherwise we're confused about what the nuts and bolts
                are, and what's involved in the practice.

   D  2       * Design and implement free-range drafting.
              * It's a core freedom and therefore a risk of voter
                splits and technical forks.  The prototype is unstable
                and incomplete without it.

   E  1       * Design and implement a marquee UI such as crossforum
      hard      theatre.
              * Without at least one marquee UI the tools are unusable
                by ordinary humans.  Even technicians are quick to
                judge (and dismiss) the technology as hopelessly ugly.

With a second programmer working on the theatre code, E is now the #1
priority.  There's room for others, too.  I'll post more separately.

The documentation mess (A, B and C) is still being sorted out on the
side.  Here's the docs format I've settled on for the open
architecture, which I now prefer to call a "network":
http://zelea.com/project/outcast/

There's almost no content yet, but we can grow it "organically" as
design issues are raised in discussions.