G/p/vohall - Home page for Votorola

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Fri May 7 08:30:12 EDT 2010

Our home page isn't very good.  We're always trying to improve it:
http://u.zelea.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=User:ThomasvonderElbe_GmxDe/G/p/vohall&curid=233&diff=2890&oldid=2490
I agree we need to drop the emphasis on local applications (line 17).
Done.  http://u.zelea.com/w/User:Mike-ZeleaCom/G/p/vohall

But I'm not sure a plea for contributors and so forth (103) will work.
I doubt anyone will contribute till we're better able to reach out to
users.  It may be counter-productive to ask (implies we are sinking,
and hoping for others to bail us out).

Instead: Going back to our talk the other day by Skype.  I think
you're right, and we should look at starting work on the difference
bridge (aka difference engine) earlier - say in a couple weeks.  Two
reasons for this (both illustrated in this post):

  1. We need it.  It will help us in dealing with position differences
     of the sort we have here in G/p/vohall, by facilitating
     discovery, discussion and action.

  2. It'll help us reach out to users.  We can reach out to them in
     their familiar discussion media, where they're already engaged in
     discussion of political differences.  (It's like we have untapped
     reserves, but we need the proper drilling equipment.)

  http://u.zelea.com/w/User:Mike-ZeleaCom/G/p/de