Unlimited polls, configured in common pollwiki (1b)

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Sat May 1 13:07:15 EDT 2010

The poll configuration interface is now roughly complete.  Polls,
electoral districts, and so forth, are configured in the common wiki,
where all pollservers have access to it.

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Change the definition of a poll.  For example, set a new title or
     summary on this one:

       http://u.zelea.com/w/Sys/p/sandbox

     Normally, I guess the pollservers will eventually discover the
     change and automatically update themselves.  But Votorola hasn't
     implemented that yet.  In any case, you can always *force* an
     immediate update, thus:

  2. Click on the poll's "reconstruct" link, e.g. here:

       http://u.zelea.com:8080/v/w/Poll?p=Sys!p!sandbox

     This is what's new.  It reads the config from the wiki and spits
     out a progress report.  Your changes should then be visible on
     the pollserver.

CAVEATS

Navigation to the "reconstruct" link (2) isn't obvious.

In general, the pollwiki/pollserver nav links (e.g. in 1) are
especially confusing.  What was the point of them?  I'll probably
disable them soon.

This particular task (1) is now finished.  All tasks:
http://u.zelea.com/w/User:Mike-ZeleaCom/G/p/vop