Centralizing (1a)

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Fri Mar 19 10:00:58 EDT 2010

Hey Thomas,

Here's the first swing of the hammer.  This is all on the server side.
It moves us a step closer to being a multi-area facility (not just
Toronto).  It also takes a stab at fixing some of the navigation
problems:

  http://u.zelea.com:8080/v/w/

  http://t.zelea.com:8080/v/w/  (old server is here)

You may have to hit refresh on some of the pages, in order to clear
away the old styles and scripts.  It's all still rough and ugly.  The
district pages (Area/Scheme/District) will soon be moved out to the
wiki (as hinted in the nav map).  Let me know if you see any
showstopper bugs.

I'll take a swing at the wiki next,
Mike

Tasks remaining for step 1 (core voting stuff):

  a) Centralize

     Allow multiple areas (cities, states) per pollserver.

     Move area and district configuration out to the pollwiki (PW),
     where the users can take charge of it.  http://u.zelea.com/wiki

       (PW)
        |          PW  pollwiki (common)
        |          PS  pollserver (Votorola)

       (PS)

  b) Support unlimited polls

     Move poll configuration out to the wiki.

     Support an unlimited number of polls.  Allow for ad hoc
     construction, where the poll is created by the first vote.

  c) Prototype the difference engine

     Code a bare-bones difference engine.  Explore and develop the
     interface with discussion media.

  d) Code the verification facilities

     Allow for independent verification of poll results.