Where next?

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Wed Jun 16 08:47:53 EDT 2010

(thinking aloud) I see two ways forward for Votorola:

 (1) Reaching out
 (2) Bringing together

The first way entails going into existing communities and wiring them
up with our tools.  We're unique in being able to do this, because we
have the difference bridge.  Our immediate problem is to find suitable
communities (low hanging fruit) to reach out to.  Here's an open
thread that asks, "What communities are reachable?"

  http://groups.dowire.org/r/topic/QOOL3YKTF1LxBK62GmOEJ

The second way (often pursued by Thomas) entails bringing multiple
e-democracy projects together under a single umbrella organization (or
association), and holding them there on the strength of the tools.
Again, we're uniquely qualified for this because of the open
architecture we've built up (in which Votorola is just another plug-in
component).  But (again) the immediate problem is to find suitable
candidates: either a) a second technical project to associate with; or
b) an existing organization to serve as an umbrella.  Since April,
we've been making a trial run at (b), with Ed Pastore's Metagovernment
as the prospective organization.  Here are the latest threads:

  http://metagovernment.org/pipermail/start_metagovernment.org/2010-June/thread.html#2910
  see Kind of presentable (sort of), and
      Is Main Page unapproachable?

What other ways are there?  Or are these two good enough?  They'd both
give the tools a good workout (crucial at this stage).