streetwikibot and streetwikis setup standart

Philippe Schelte philippe.schelte at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 03:59:40 EST 2010

2010/1/25 Michael Allan <mike at zelea.com>

> On running, I got the message: "Wide character in print at
> ./streetwikibot.pl line 56."  (Line 56 is 'print $xml_file
> $xml_content;'.)

ok this is just a character encoding issue, easy to fix.

> It seems to have worked, though.  I now have a backup of all pages in
> the 'template' namespace.  Questions:
>
>  * Is there a way to also get the pages in the 'property' namespace,
>    but without overwriting the previous backup?

of course, I was thinking of giving arguments to the bot for the namespaces
to backup instead of setting it in the config file :

./streetwikibot.pl 10,102

would backup the Template and Property namespaces.

>  * Can we configure it to backup only the latest revision of each
>    page, and not the entire history?

no problem :)  I can add a limit in the config file.

At some point, I guess the wikis will be too big to backup in a single
> HTTP fetch.  Then we'll need some kind of caching to avoid
> re-exporting pages that haven't changed.  But we don't need that, yet.

This shouldn't be difficult to implement, I can probably get the last
modified date of the pages, store it in a file and compare before fetching
the pages.

> This is already useful.  Good work!

Thanks :)
lets go for the version 1.1 !