Echo Claims to Have Global Reach

Thomas von der Elbe ThomasvonderElbe at gmx.de
Mon Aug 16 06:01:08 EDT 2010

Hey Anne,

> I also went to the Echo-Agora website. They claim to have a global
> reach.  Here is a quote from their front page,
> *"echo* provides the technological basis for an open, *participatory
> democracy* on the local, regional and global level.

They are not honest about that they only want to provide the technology
but right now can not.

Concerning global level: I also often say, that the concept of Votorola
from my perspective is capable for global use (even though we only have
very few users now).

And this is a very important point to me. There are dozens of tools out
there which are good for small groups. But I found in the last 2 years
only one other tool capable of handling large groups: the
UP-WorldGovernment. But it has a few other disadvanteges.

I also checked out the Korean one you wrote about and the second one
too. Coulnt find a good concept there either. Maybe I dindt look deep
enough. If you are interested: here is an overview I did over other
tools in regard to the criteria which I find important (but in german).
"Skalierg." means scalability:

http://wiki.liqd.net/Benutzer:Thomas_von_der_Elbe/Software-Vergleich