Openfarmtech

Anne Moreland judithdaviestripp at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 01:56:34 EDT 2010

Hello Thomas, Thank you for sharing your insights. Yes I thought the same
as you did. In your own words... "First I thought: the project is great, but
Votorola is not of much use for these guys, because the real benefits
come for large groups. 30 people might still be able to sit together
and work out their decisions without a software." and then I thought wait a
minute...."The project does ofc include its supporters. They are the ones
paying the
30 engineers for developing open-source hardware, so they should ofc
have a say in this process. :-)" And here is the clincher which is the
insight you gave me:

*"By taking part in the decision making they really become part of the
project instead of just being donors*. This is perfect, isnt it?" Yes I
agree it is perfect!
I am also thinking of developing a small farm project in community with
others as an open system...open to the communities within which it is
embedded for purposes of positive social change so that the potential of
Votorala could impact on Town Hall meetings as well. I envisage it as a
series of concentric communication circles where the potential for genuine
grassroots decision making can be realized.