Open Farm Tech From JAnne in Regina SK

Anne Moreland judithdaviestripp at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 11:24:57 EDT 2010

Hello again, You have reached the 100 true fans marker and now it is on to
the 200 hundred level. That's great! So I would like to become a true fan
(previous-email said member...must have been confusing) at 25.00 US a month.
Money order will be made out to Open Source Ecology and sent next Friday and
every month thereafter.

Marcin, I need to offer this clarification...the experimenal farm idea I
mentioned in a prior email in no way is intended to contravene your
brilliant project plans towards building the world's first replicable
village!  I love the Open Farm Tech project! We will not be able to build a
village in fact...too too many by-laws!!!!! Actually, I suspect that what we
are going to end up with something like a community stand alone farm, with
very few buildings on it.
In the meantime I am gradually working on illustrating a series of paradigms
of community based farms for example: monastic farms, campsite farms,
palliative care farms and so on based on actual models.Here are links to
sites which are perhaps indicative of the "state of the art" in Canada:
http://www.planetfriendly.net/community.html and
http://www.wholevillage.org/

In order to further your project here in Canada it might be a positive move
forward if we -whoever we are- staged a grass roots event in Regina SK and
or in Saskatoon focusing on aspects of Open Farm Tech as praxis....and doing
some fundraising at the same time, Saskatchewan is the "agricultural capital
of Canada" and there are a lot organic farms and  forward thinking people
here!

Please don't be alarmed with me I am very respectful of your project and
will not be a loose cannon running around initiating project forks
appendaged to the Open Farm Tech Agenda!!!!! In otherwords, I won't be
acting independently of the groups approval re: events or fundraising
ventures etc etc.