Centralizing (1a)

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Tue Apr 20 19:47:50 EDT 2010

Hi Philippe,

> I can do this, is there a way to use jquery ? it would be very easy
> then.

Do you have a wiki to test with?  I can give you sysop access to this
one (let me know): http://okidoke.referata.com/
I guess you'd be working here:
http://okidoke.referata.com/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.js

Although MediaWiki has extensions for loading JavaScript, I don't see
that Referata has any installed:
http://okidoke.referata.com/wiki/Special:Version
But your MediaWiki:Common.js script can write to the document head.
So maybe just load the jQuery library by writing a new <script> tag to
the head, as a temporary hack?

Alternatively, I wrote some simple DOM traversal code in this script
(it's for customizing the pollserver pages).  Maybe it's of some use:
http://u.zelea.com/system/host/u/home/v/votorola/web/page.js

> > (b) The square cells in the nav-thingy (td) need JavaScript handlers
> > (onclick) to match the contained links (a).  MediaWiki filters away
> > the 'onclick' attributes (security thing).  So we have to add the
> > 'onclick' attributes (or otherwise handle the click events) using
> > JavaScript itself:
> >
> >  http://u.zelea.com/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.js

The wiki-text of the nav-thingy is here:
http://u.zelea.com/w/Template:Poll_page_nav

If you need it, the CSS is imported here:
http://u.zelea.com/w/MediaWiki:Common.css
In particular, see this file (and its imports):
http://u.zelea.com/system/host/u/home/v/votorola/web/wiki/WC_PageNavMap.css

If I can help with anything, please let me know,