Unlimited polls, configured in common pollwiki (1b)

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Tue Apr 13 02:36:31 EDT 2010

This is maybe the last of the big, disruptive changes (at least for
Votorola).  Any page in the main namespace of the wiki may now be a
"poll page" defining a poll/issue.  We're guessing that admins/users
will want to define the polls under appropriate areas (Toronto,
Dresden, Ed's Chess Club, etc.).

  http://u.zelea.com/w/Category:Area
  http://u.zelea.com/w/Category:Poll

I moved the previously created poll pages.  I also hard-coded some
redirects in Votorola so that old links (to list etc) aren't broken.
It's now OK to create any number of polls.  If we get 1000's, it'll
put a strain on the server, but we can patch it up later.

Each area is now *formally* independent of the others, except as it
chooses.  We're aiming to be a kind of nursery or hatchery, I guess.
Any area may *actually* go independent by moving to its own site,
complete with its own pollwiki/streetwiki, halo of pollservers, etc.,
as soon as it outgrows the sandbox. :-)

Some bugs in wiki (will try to fix these soon):
http://u.zelea.com/w/De/p/BGE (last list item is broken)
http://u.zelea.com/w/G/p/MetaGov (mystery of the two Eds)