Unlimited polls, configured in common pollwiki (1b)

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Thu Apr 8 06:29:09 EDT 2010

The pollserver may be unstable for a couple of days.  I just ripped
out its districting guts and overhauled its poll config.

  http://u.zelea.com:8080/v/w/Votespace?u=Hans10000-GmxDe&p=m

It looks the same, but the config is now entirely in the common
pollwiki.  You can change stuff there (like district population counts
or poll titles) and it eventually gets into Votorola (as soon as the
config is refreshed).  Next I'll add controls so users can request the
refeshes.

We now support an unlimited number of polls.  Polls are created on the
fly.  So (for example) you can vote first, then define the poll later:

  http://u.zelea.com:8080/v/w/Votespace?p=kickTheBumsOut

We shouldn't create a lot of new polls, though.  We still have to move
them all under the areas, as subpages.

The area map at top left is still just a mock-up in the pollserver
(always says Toronto).  Will fix that, soon as the polls are moved.

More soon,