Alpha-two and usability trials

Fred Gohlke fredgohlke at verizon.net
Thu Jul 16 16:17:04 EDT 2009

Hi, Mike

I dunno.  I may have more to say, but ...

... I'm unfamiliar with the technical constraints

... you've already got a ton of work in this and computer-literate
     people can probably use it.

... any comments of mine are necessarily directed toward narrow areas
     of interest and are probably inappropriate.

(Well, as it turns out, I did say more ....)

Page One

                V O T O R O L A

       Improve Toronto's municipal code

+------------------+            Current Issues
|                  |              Green Roofs Link
| blurb describing |              Rogers Center Link
| the purpose and  |
| use of Votorola  |
|                  |            Recent Issues
+------------------+              Parking Restrictions Link

User's Name (possibly, "Unregistered")

[Register to Vote] link

Page Two (Green Roofs Link brings you here)

                       [Municipal Code § 492. Green Roofs.] link

Toronto's Green Roofs Ordinance directs that cash received in
lieu of construction be given to the Eco-Roof Incentive Program.
We propose that such money be used to retire existing Playground
Construction Bonds first, and, thereafter given to the Eco-Roof
Incentive program.  Hence ...

     § 492-12. Cash-in-Lieu of Construction of a Green Roof

currently provides

    C. All of the funds collected as cash-in-lieu of construction
       of a Green Roof shall be segregated and directed to the
       Eco-Roof Incentive Program of the City for the provision
       of Green Roofs on existing buildings.  (more ...)

Recommended Amendment

    C. All of the funds collected as cash-in-lieu of construction
       of a Green Roof shall be segregated and used to retire the
       outstanding Toronto Playground Construction Bonds.  When
       those bonds have been retired, and subsequent receipts must
       be directed to the Eco-Roof Incentive Program of the City
       for the provision of Green Roofs on existing buildings.
       (more ...)

             [Submit an amendment improvement] Link

[Vote For The Amendment] Link    [Vote Against The Amendment] Link

(The "more ..." things are in case the issues are too long)

Fred