Alpha-two and usability trials

David Hilvert dhilvert at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 13:55:37 EDT 2009

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 13:10:04 -0400
Michael Allan <mike at zelea.com> wrote:

> But now I'm thinking, first we need better navigation *within* the pollserver
> (it's confusing in there).  I think we need a good overview of an entire
> cascade tree and its vote flow, where users can browse among co-voters and
> delegates.
>
> Or am I wrong?  The aim is be ready for usability trials by volunteers - and
> to attract those volunteers.  What's the biggest thing that's missing at this
> stage?

I note that, given a test login the 'candidacy' tab seems to lead to nothing
obviously useful.  I had expected that it would list at least a number of
candidates that could be chosen (although this list might be better placed
simply within the 'vote' tab), although giving links to the relevant wiki
drafts would also, obviously, be useful (but these might again just be
placed within the 'vote' tab).

What actually happens is that I get the following link:

http://t.zelea.com/wiki/User:Zelea.com_test-[aliasname]/p-2009-71-1

which leads to precisely nothing.  If the intent is to describe my own drafts,
this might make sense, but it would be useful, I think, to also have somewhere
a more complete list of candidate drafts or addresses that could be voted on.
(Or at least a link to the draft recently seen.)

(Your suggestion of providing an overview of the cascade flow might subsume the
above, if the overview provided were to extend to a set of drafts including the
draft recently viewed by the user at the Wiki.)