Not direct democracy, not the rule of the people

Rohan Jayasekera 1 at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 7 17:03:45 EDT 2009

Fred,

The point I was trying to make was that "a system that taxes the people and then asks them how to spend the tax money"
can't be dismissed as ludicrous because it's what we already have.  Michael was talking only of making that aspect of
the government explicit, which I don't see as "adding another level" but rather separating things which today are lumped
together.  One of the things I like about Votorola is that it supports separating issues that can be voted on
individually.

Anyway, understood that this discussion went in a direction you didn't intend!

Rohan