An intro of sorts

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich at pudo.org
Thu Dec 3 09:11:49 EST 2009

> Another part of this focus has been on legal structures that are suitable to
> embed these decision making structures in law, so that they can be used by
> NGO's or indeed any project with partners form anywhere in the world. This
> requirement is that it should be no more expensive of burdensome to create a
> legal entity for a project than it is to get up a web site, and that such
> legal entities should be able to not only use the tools as their
> constitution, but also have a firm technical and legal ground with which to
> associate with each other.

There are some naive (in the technical, not human, sense!) attempts of
this going on in DE, both in terms of restructuring the pirate party
and within the Metapartei(.de), which (from what I understand) is
essentially an open parliamentary proxy for onine voting. They haven't
yet campaigned and taken part in an elections, though.

> From a practical point of view I'd like to use the
> www.liquiddemocracy.net/org/com domains I have to take forwards both the
> technical and partnership based legal aspects of the theory, so well
> expressed by this group. I'd also like to help with fund raising for this,
> and would be interested in discussing how best to do this with interested
> parties / potential partners.

You should also really get in touch with Liquid Democracy e.V.
(http://liqd.de). They started off as an effort to implement a fairly
complex model of liquid democracy but have now turned into a kind of
umbrella project for all things LD in the german web. While the
concept itself is very well-developed (there's an engish version
somewhere, I'll try to find it and send it to you), I think we're just
getting started in terms of off-line aspects and imaging the larger
ecosystem that would need to be established around LD in a serious
context.

Maybe you'd also be interested in visiting the 26c3 (www.ccc.de)
hacker conference later this month or a second LD BarCamp scheduled
for February where we'll try to tackle some non/less-technical
aspects?

Cheers, Friedrich

--
Friedrich Lindenberg <friedrich at pudo.org>