Meta-Tool

Martin Häcker mhaecker at schwarz-online.org
Mon Dec 7 17:55:04 EST 2009

>> If so, who is willing to step forward and try to implement a working
>> prototype?
>>
>> At the Liqd e.V. and at the Piratenpartei we are searching for somebody
>> with some OpenID knowledge who is willing to help us and help plan the
>> operation of one OpenID server for us.
>
> I can help set up an OpenID set up / server for for you - I'll be doing the
> same - so why not. But it is not clear to me what you want it for - the ID
> bit is easy, the oAuth integration into any particular app is the trickier
> part. AFAIK Liqd e.V does not have an LD implementation? What would the
> OpenIDs be used for - that would help me get a handle on it?

This would be great.

The pirate party plans are currently much more urgent. We would like to skip OAuth for now (if we can) as we don't need to authenticate applications to each other.

What we want to do is enable the pirate party to pledge to the LiquidFeedback [1] system that somebody is indeed a member of the party and is therefore eligible to vote.

A simple OpenID setup should suffice there, right?

Regards,
Martin

[1] http://www.public-software-group.org/liquid_feedback