Horizontal cascades and vertical geo-locals

David Hilvert dhilvert at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 05:18:10 EDT 2009

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 01:29:26 -0700 (PDT)
Thomas <ThomasvonderElbe at gmx.de> wrote:

> Ideally we find a group, like a political party, a socially active
> group, which has to decide some real question, solve some real issue.
>
> I think, some of the people of the spiritual party of germany will
> help.
> The WPE-people are probably more interested in the delegation
> mechanism than in collaborative drafting - but thats helpful too.
> Another intersted group might be another new german party
> Piratenpartei.
> I´ll contact them as soon as we are done with (1). ;-)

Making a trust network encyclopedia might be an interesting idea.  Like
Wikipedia, but without edit wars.  Everyone could have their own copy of as
many articles as desired, with a version determined by trust network being
displayed by default.

(Encyclopedias aside, any other wiki subject could, of course, be handled in a
similar fashion, with Wikipedia just being the largest current application of
wikis.)

A similar application would be selecting among software versions or varieties
in the case of multiple maintainers (e.g., seen in the various maintained trees
of Linux and of its various subsystems).