Horizontal cascades and vertical geo-locals

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Wed Aug 12 08:42:26 EDT 2009

> Ahh good, I like the new pollspace browser very much.
>
> I agree with your three points of necessary further improvement.

Thanks Thomas.  If it's good enough for alpha testing, then the next
challenge will be to kickstart the alpha trials.  I have no idea how
to do that, yet.

> If it is not more coding effort, I think it would also be nice to have
> such buttons right beside each candidates name. Together with a link
> to his draft. If this is more complicated, then one at the top of the
> page is fine too.

I'll post it to the offline pollserver in a couple of days.  We can
play with it and come up with additional ideas.  We may have to see
the whole thing before we can figure out how to approach the trials -
there are many different ways.

The purpose of the trials will be to expose showstopper problems.  If
there are no showstoppers, then the number of alpha users will
naturally increase, and that will mean success.  Otherwise we have to
identify the problems, and fix them.  It could take multiple cycles of
test-fix-test to get it right.

> My dictonary tells me strange things about what "sparkline" means. I
> know, it is about the results, the counts. The simpliest would just be
> one number, but that is actually not really necesarry too, I guess.

They're small graphs, inline with text:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sparkline Probably just a frill at this
point.  Not a prerequisite for trials.  I was getting ahead of myself.