Critique of Votorola

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Fri Jun 20 23:07:44 EDT 2014

Hi Henri, (cc Votorola)

> we can go on cross-posting. I have not the smallest problem with
> that.

I'm worried others might object.  We both seem to be in the AGM list,
so I reply here.  (Please excuse our English, folks.)

> I checked through your web pages again. I still like your graphics,
> but I did not find much on democracy.

But did you read the text, too?  At what point did you feel it was
disconnected from democracy?
http://zelea.com/project/votorola/home.html

> Votorola is said to be a Liquid Democracy application. ...

I don't know what "liquid democracy" means.  I think it's a German
buzzword.  I often hear it in connection with LiquidFeedback, but
LiquidFeedback and Votorola are very different.  I suspect Votorola
has nothing to do with liquid democracy.

> So how can you build a liquid transitive decision system with a
> decentralized version of democracy? How do you build a discussion
> system for such? And why is a representative, decentralized,
> program-based, market democracy the democracy of the future?
>
> I put an awful lot of attributes in the last sentence. And perhaps
> you may get a small idea of what I am talking about: You have no
> idea about democracy, yet.

But you seem to be unfamiliar with my ideas.  Certainly I don't think
of Votorola as a "liquid" decision system.  It's not a decision system
of any kind.

I still don't see what you think is wrong with Votorola.  You appear
to be thinking of your own design for a "market democracy", but that
would be a separate topic, of course.

--
Mike Allan