A New Party Dedicated to Implementing Public Voting

Ed Pastore epastore at metagovernment.org
Wed Jun 12 21:29:24 EDT 2013

Agreed. The reason I define success as complete dominance of the political structure is because we're talking about, in essence, an anti-party. It has no political platform on issues; simply moving the issue debate into the hands of the people.

So as Rhett suggests, it's not meant to last for a particularly long time. It's meant to be a stepping stone: to open up people's minds to the reality that they don't have to be controlled by politicians. As they get used to that, eventually they'll realize that the representative is just a vestige of the old system and can be dispensed with altogether.