Functional, generic and scalable vote-counting implementation for delegational trees

conseo conseo at polyc0l0r.net
Tue Jul 2 20:00:00 EDT 2013

Hey Mike,

> You mention the possibility of practical applications.  Do you plan on
> developing any soon?  Or just exploring with simulations for now?
Experimenting mostly. As the first conclusion I think that a P2P browser based
mechanism would solve many problems, as it would make vote-mirroring the
default between clients (and servers which are not special) and solve the
primary scaling problem of memory. But this has little to do with current
implementation problems of Votorola practices.
I do have some other web-stuff running where I can always plug that in to,
including a Chromium extension to leverage the new IndexedDB support in
browsers, which is a full blown key-value storage (also used by Google and in
Riak). I might embed it there or elsewhere, some of the web stuff I've done is
already social, but the major thing to understand for now was how the
mechanism scales. The concrete practice/process has to drive the integration
then I think.
The major motivation was to break it down to the pure counting procedure and
make it easy to reason about and try things out or combine it with other
counting procedures. It could be a reference point to share common counting
implementations with other projects by implementing them as well and compare
outcomes of different scenarios, e.g.

conseo