(BUG) Image downloads and layout glitches

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Wed Apr 3 14:56:59 EDT 2013

Some bugs, and a request for help from an IE user.

(1) IE 8's layout of the home page is a complete mess.  And Firefox
takes too long.  http://zelea.com/project/votorola/home.html
I think both browsers have a problem with the slow download of the
images.  I tested at a remote site today, which I rarely do, and the
download time became a factor.

(2) Also IE 8 messes up the layout of the toolset switch in the
pollwiki.  The initial page is okay, but then it messes up when
navigating to a new page.  Again, I think this is timing related,
because I cannot replicate it local to the server.

Can anyone replicate (1, 2) on IE 8 or higher?  I'll need someone to
confirm the fixes once they're ready.  To test with IE, first use
shift-ctrl-del to clear the browser's "temporary internet files"
(cache).