[MG] Difference bridge layout proposal

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Tue Jan 24 00:58:23 EST 2012

Hi C,

Thanks for drawing these.  The overall layout has given me some ideas.
I'm thinking we could put a kind of difference feed between the two
head shots in order to show the dialogue between them.

> (3) http://whiletaker.homeip.net/mockups/diffbridge/2/DifferenceBridge2.xht

I still prefer (3) because I think the loss of flowing, readable text
in (1) is confusing.  To be sure, (3) doesn't come to grips with the
difficult edge cases and therefore isn't realistic, but it's cleaner
and easier to grok.

> (1) http://whiletaker.homeip.net/mockups/diffbridge/4/DifferenceBridge4.xht

I think we should pass "Referer" URLs from the bridge to the harvester
in order to keep the feed up to date.  Would you be able to code the
harvester end of that, once your exams are done?  And maybe the feed
UI between the head shots, too? *

I'll start drawing mockups of my own for this, because it meshes with
the theatre toolbar and other mini-beta stuff.

 * The Referer idea is originally from Martin Haecker.
   http://zelea.com/w/User_talk:Mike-ZeleaCom/G/p/de#No_need_to_start_from_scratch