Difference bridge layout proposal

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Mon Jan 16 17:42:55 EST 2012

Hi Conan,

Comments on differences would ordinarily be posted in a discussion
medium, such as this mailing list.  For example, consider this
particular difference: http://zelea.com:8080/v/w/D?b=5228&a=5235
I had questions about it and I posted them here: (see bottom)
http://metagovernment.org/pipermail/start_metagovernment.org/2012-January/004708.html

So instead of the "comments" section in your mockup, we might have a
list of discussion threads that reference the difference, or all
differences between the two position drafts, or something like that;
or some other kind of "window" to the external discussion media,
whichever media the commenters chose to express themselves.

This topic has come up before, and we currently have a difference feed
in Crossforum Theatre as our "media window".  See the left side of
this mockup, for instance, where the commentary is aggregated from
various discussion media and reproduced in summary form:
http://whiletaker.homeip.net/mockups/9/VotespaceVRac3.xht
But the theatre app won't be a part of the mini-beta release.  All
we'll have there is the difference bridge.