[MG] Difference bridge layout proposal

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Mon Feb 20 13:02:10 EST 2012

Hey C and Thomas,

C, I have the tool track running in a disabled state: (hit refresh)
http://zelea.com:8080/v/w/D?a=5270&b=5277
I commited early because the changes were extensive and you might want
to pull ASAP to avoid conflicts.  Some things to watch out for:

  * Ignore this message when you pull:
    note: possible conflict - votorola/a/web/base/diff/diff.svg was
    renamed multiple times to:
    votorola/a/web/context/diff/WP_D.svg
    votorola/a/web/context/diff/bridgeFooting.svg

  * Per the commit message, ofc:
    http://zelea.com/var/db/repo/votorola/rev/8a0699c31825

  * Don't worry about the diff feed's links:
    http://zelea.com/y/vw/xf/#c=DG
    Please leave them and I'll merge them with the new, standard links
    as soon as the latter are functional.

Thomas von der Elbe wrote:
> In my view Conseo's ideas are also very much for 1 usability and 2
> attracting users, especially the horizontal bridge-layout. I think,
> for now the best would be, if we could come out with a combined
> version of your two proposals, instead of two competing ones.

C and I spoke.  Unfortunately there's no room in my own development
schedule for a new bridge!  It's not a show stopper usability issue
and I'm focused on show stoppers till we have the core users we need.
But that's just me.  You and C are free to work on this ofc, or to
explore it visually.

Because the orientation (vertical or horizontal) is a matter of
personal preference, a combined, compromise layout might be awkward.
Or then I guess it depends on what you come up with.  But the latest
theatre design *is* based on preferences and a choice of bridge layout
should fit right in there (the bridge now being just a "scene"):
http://zelea.com/project/votorola/_/javadoc/votorola/s/gwt/stage/StageV.html