Votespace track

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Thu Apr 26 18:23:08 EDT 2012

conseo said:
> Just a short note to (1). Endcandidates don't point to the same
> target, hence showing arrows is somewhat confusing. It keeps the
> vote track layout consistent between top-level view and positions in
> the tree though.
>
> Do you think it is confusing or not?
> (1) http://zelea.com/project/votorola/s/gwt/stage/_/mock/home-3.xht

True, there's an opportunity to use a different visual and convey that
extra bit of information, "this is the end."  But like you say, it
might come at the price of visual consistency.  The arrow hits the
target here and it's still an arrow.  (Or at least that's one way of
looking at it.)

We rely on the gap to the right as a cue to the fact that we have no
more candidates to show, if that's sufficient.

Another opportunity we might be unable to capitalize on is this one:
http://zelea.com/project/votorola/s/gwt/stage/_/mock/home-2.xht
A blank space for the whole width of the track.