Harvester Roadmap

conseo 4consensus at web.de
Thu Apr 26 10:45:46 EDT 2012

Hi,

> 1. Extend the PipermailHarvester to track any number of forums and not just
> one.
> 2. Track the state properly for each forum (internal to PipermailHarvester).
> 3. Make this state persistent on disk (internal to PipermailHarvester). 4.
> Design a proper SQL table layout for the gathered messages (internal to
> DiffMessageTable).

DONE. Table is now internal to HarvestCache as suggested by Mike. Querying
happens through the cache. It still needs to be properly configured first,
because HarvestCache may not construct the VoteServer for the process' user
name.

> 5. Configure the forums by querying the wiki on startup instead of
> hardcoding them (PipermailHarvester). This should also happen from time to
> time during runtime.

Mike has updated the query mechanism for the wiki, which I have to check out
next. I propose to use a "ConfigDetector" to throw special events at the
Harvesters.

conseo