TrackStack mockup help request

conseo 4consensus at web.de
Fri Sep 30 23:39:47 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have some mockups for the TrackStack layout (1) (2).
I need help, because I am stuck at how to properly combine accounting progress
and collaborative assembly. First I'll show you what I got:

2.xht (3) simply uses the horizontal axis to show state (7320 already
collected) and progress (1880, in last month for example). Yet it rather looks
like a fundraiser-widget and doesn't really show the collaborative and dynamic
form of the account assembly. None of this resource (here US$, can be anything
countable including labour) is yet bound to the position which is selected
(seen in the SuperAccount selector on the top left).

2ab.xht shows the fragments with gaps in between. I have also started to show
the Mnemonics of the users, to make the collaborative nature of the accounting
clearer. Individual contributions are distinct now.
But this looks a bit cluttered and might confuse most people as they don't
understand it is a progress bar. I could add a percent information, yet I feel
this defeats the overall progress visualisation.

2b.xht uses a rainbow colouring to show that the positions are distinct yet
bound together and I can therefore still show a solid bar. It is very eye-
catching and likely too distracting. I have also lost the progress
visualisation.

So how can I visualize that there is solid backup and progress in terms of
accounting, as well as that this is not a bound, but dynamical* social type of
accounting?
If people get the impression that this money is already booked, then they
won't see their chances of participation.

conseo

* The assigned money is shifted with the votes for this candidate's position
and these shifts can take money/... away to a better (maybe forked) position
at any time, so good ideas never come too late.

(1) http://whiletaker.homeip.net/mockups/
(2) See for how this layouts in Crossforum:
http://zelea.com/project/votorola/_/javadoc/votorola/a/xf/vote/VotespaceV.html
(3) http://whiletaker.homeip.net/mockups/2.xht