Ocularpation Votorola

Michael Allan mike at zelea.com
Wed Nov 2 08:09:00 EDT 2011

Dear all,

I began an attempt to connect in some way with the Occupy movement.
If anyone wants to follow (and maybe coordinate), please see the
"occupation" links on my home page: http://zelea.com/

In related news (smile), it turns out the protestors in Zuccotti Park
weren't the first to take over Wall Street.  According to an article
in the New York Times a few months ago, Zefrey Throwell had already
staged an occupation there in collaboration with the Young Naturists
and Nudists of New York City, in a performance piece they entitled
"Ocularpation: Wall Street":

   Roger Gindi, 59, a member of the Young Naturists group, played the
   part of a janitor in "Ocularpation." Wearing only a yellow
   sweatband, he carefully mopped a section of the street. "I like
   this kind of participatory art," said Mr. Gindi, a veteran of
   several Spencer Tunick nude photos and, in his clothed hours, a
   Broadway producer.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/02/arts/design/zefrey-throwells-ocularpation-wall-street.html
Melena Ryzik.  A Bare Market Lasts One Morning.  New York Times.
August 2, 2011.  p. C1.