[MG] Hosting tools - was Global advisory parliament

Alexander Praetorius alex at twister11.de
Sat May 28 07:48:48 EDT 2011

Where is the one-click-installer for joe-average to host his own server for his small community?
We always complain about the lack of active communities that use metagov tools. We need those communities to move forward.
I think the main problem I'm trying to address is that we do need software with an easy setup process which is also easy to use and guides you through everything.
If someone from a community with maybe 30 members, maybe all countrymen with only very basic computer skills, will come to this mailing list and asks for a solution. Maybe all of them have a similar specialization in farming and they are spread across the country, so they cannot meet face to face all the time. Maybe they tried to use a mailing list, but they stuck because discussions became confusing after some time. Maybe they all are affected by a new kind of law. What would you tell him?

There are many of these kinds of communities and it might be possible when we target these small communities and maybe by word-of-mouth it will spread to other communities, small clubs, associations, NGO's? Every time one of them hosts or uses metagov tools, they will be connected through the "metagov network" which consists of all communities using metagov tools.
Maybe in the beginning there is no connection between those small communities and they only do community-internal discussions, but as soon as multiple communities have joined which are affected by the same problems, it might happen, that these communities connect to each other.

--
alex