[MG] Minimal start plan - inter-community network

Thomas von der Elbe ThomasvonderElbe at gmx.de
Tue May 24 17:03:44 EDT 2011

On Tue, 24 May 2011 11:56, conseo wrote:

>>> I didnt picture a seperate community-space map, just a headline over
>>> each speech-bubble from which forum/community it comes. But I admit
>>> a seperate map for that sounds compelling.
>

> Why? If it is in the feed then it is accessible in any map. (Maybe this
> is your problem(?))

The technical possibility of such a community-map is clear to me. I'm
just beginning to see the use of it. What is such a community defined
by? The discussion-medium they use, right? An email-list, forum,
whatever ... I pictured it always of no importance where the discussion
takes place. If I had 15 voters to deal with, I would go anywhere to
talk to them. I wouldnt care where. Same with my candidate: I would just
go, where he is, no matter where. And maybe thats how it is going to be
at some point in the future. But I'm beginning to understand, that this
is not how it will probably start. People will start from within their
community and then it is a boost for them to see whats happening in
other active communities ... As well it is a boost for members of an
inactive community to see, that they appear to have nothing to say to
this subject ;-)

Am I getting the picture?

Thomas