[MG] Minimal start plan - inter-community network

Thomas von der Elbe ThomasvonderElbe at gmx.de
Sun May 22 08:31:11 EDT 2011

Here has been talk of wether or not our tools can, should or would be
used inside metagov.

The matter of fact is: they have been used already and even sucsessfully
used! Look at the Metaquestion for Metagovernment thread!

So I do agree with Alexander on this.
But nevertheless I also agree with Mike and Conseo, that it would give a
boost to the whole thing, if several communities were involved in a
consensus-finding-effort and if they would know of each other. I mean,
the whole crossforum-design was inspired by this idea, wasnt it?

So I agree with you plan (and its details), Mike, but would also work on
the metagov-hompepage for instance.

On Sun, 22 May 2011 10:17, Michael Allan wrote:
> So this is like crossforum theatre with the old diff feed and a
> new community-space map. (How come C's diff feed always gets
> reused, but I have to code new maps? Help. :-)

I didnt picture a seperate community-space map, just a headline over
each speech-bubble from which forum/community it comes. But I admit a
seperate map for that sounds compelling.

> H. The seeding of the inter-community network is coordinated by an
> outfit that is dedicated to that purpose. They are the ones who
> ensure, for example, that requirement G is met.

I feel that Metagov would be the natural home of this outfit.

Thomas